Office Admin / Bookkeeper Job Posting
Mann Art Gallery Office Administrator/Bookkeeper - term contract March 23 - Dec. 31, 2020, with expected renewal date annually in December for Jan - Dec terms. Apply by March 17, 2020.
The Office Administrator/Bookkeeper provides administrative, reception, and bookkeeping support to ensure that the Mann Art Gallery’s services are effective and efficient. Under the supervision of the Director/Curator, they maintain all necessary and appropriate records, files, and processes to ensure the smooth and compliant financial operation of the organization, focusing on accuracy and transparency. As the first point of contact, the Office Administrator/Bookkeeper also establishes a positive, friendly, and welcoming atmosphere, and provides information about gallery exhibitions and programs. This position also organizes volunteers when needed for special events and assists with communications including posters and newsletters.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare General Ledger and supporting accounts in Sage 50 Accounting. • Prepare Accounts Payable files and process cheques for signing and distribution. • Record all revenues, including donations and grants. • Reconcile all accounts and prepare financial statements, including Balance Sheet and Income Statement. • Maintain financial records and filing. • Follow up with Accounts Payable invoices as needed.
• Prepare bi-weekly payroll files for approval by the Director/Curator. • Monitor remittances to the Receiver General for source deductions.
• Reconcile bank accounts monthly. • Monitor cash flow and cash management.
• Prepare monthly Financial Statements as required by Director/Curator. • Prepare GST and PST returns. • Prepare year end information. • Prepare T4A submissions; monitor T4 preparation and distribution. • Prepare audit documentation.
RECEPIONIST/OFFICE ADMIN DUTIES:
• Warmly greet and assist patrons of the Gallery; answer questions and provide information about exhibitions, events, and programs. • Receive, direct, and relay telephone and email messages. • Process payments, issue receipts, and prepare monthly bank deposits. • Maintain an inventory of office supplies and Gift Shop products. • Coordinate and supervise volunteers for fundraisers, events, and programs. • Assist in the planning and preparation of events, fundraisers, and gallery programs, including preparing cash floats, ticket sales, invoicing, arranging for liquor license as needed, and issuing receipts. •Maintain membership database and contact mailing lists; prepare mail-outs. • Assist with promotions and marketing as required; strategically plan and execute social media posts. • Gather Gallery statistics. • Perform other related duties as assigned.
HOURS & WAGE
• Hourly wage position beginning March 23, 2020 to December 31, 2020. Position is expected to renew on one-year contracts annually. • $18.00/hour. • Approximately 35 hours per week. o Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM with a one-hour unpaid lunch break. o Overtime as required. o Banked hour system in place as per Human Resource Manual. • Health Benefits plan in place after 3 month probation (copay 50/50)
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Sage 50 Accounting, Excel, Word, and Outlook. • Strong understanding of accounting principles and standards for non-profit and registered charitable organizations in Canada. • Understanding of provincial and federal reporting standards for non-profit and registered charitable organizations in Saskatchewan. • Friendly disposition with the demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment. • Ability to work effectively, meet deadlines, and assist patrons in an environment with frequent interruptions. • Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, artists, partners, donors, and professionals in the arts community. • Ability to maintain attention to detail, a high degree of accuracy, and detect errors quickly. • Demonstrated organizational skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with Sage 50 bookkeeping software
* Diploma in business or administration and certification in bookkeeping or financial management.
• Related experience, ideally in a not-for-profit organization and/or registered charitable organization. •Knowledge of Canadian and Saskatchewan historical and contemporary art, and northern cultural and political environment, would be an asset. •Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver's Licence.
Submit a Resume, References, and a Cover Letter that demonstrates your ability to carry out the Office Administrator/Bookkeeper duties and responsibilities. Deadline: March 17, 2020.
curator @ mannartgallery.ca
Lana Wilson, Acting Director/Curator
The Mann Art Gallery
142-12th Street West
Prince Albert, SK S6V 3B5